Friday, April 12, 2013

My orange and white library!

A few of our rooms are coming together nicely.  We finished painting the library (thank you all my helpers) and I have my curtains all picked out.  I wanted an orange and white library, and it is incredibly hard to find orange and white curtains, but I lucked across exactly what I was looking for at the fabric store and bought enough yards for two windows and some throw pillows.  Here is what it looks like so far:

Here is the fabric that started it all.  It is a bright mandarin orange color on a linen type white fabric.

The color looks great in person, I promise.  I am not usually a fan of extremely neutral walls, but the plan is to paint all the trim work bright white (it is a light beige now), add the bright curtains, change out the light fixture for something more contemporary, bright white book shelves, sitting chairs, and lots of map art.
Coming soon, pictures of the process of changing out the columns in the front of the house.  Hopefully, they will be finished by the end of this weekend!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment